Sunday, February 1, 2009

The beginning struggle



Today I wanted to really work on putting together all the techie stuff for the Beaded Zen blog and website.  Sadly I kinda got off to a rocky start and it set the tone for the rest of the day...sorta.

First I woke up late...around 5am which is 2 hours past my 3am daily wakeup. That meant I only had 2 hours to get some techie stuff done before my son woke up and the day started.

Of course you know those two hours went by very quickly, but I was able to signup with Technorati, BlogCatalog and Twitter: BZDesigns.

By then my son was wake and I had to juggle eating, changing, and cuddling him with visiting other mommy blogs, adding different blog buttons, and setting up my profiles on different sites. That was just the jewelry related stuff.  There was still my regular life stuff to juggle in there also. I didn't even try to add making some type of jewelry...it was hectic enough.

By the afternoon my son started throwing tantrums because he couldn't understand why mommy wasn't playing with him like I did before. From then till now...around 6pm he cried and cried and cried. *sigh* Nothing beyond stopping and giving him full attention would calmed him. But I didn't want to lose my momentum with setting things up.

At one point I held him while trying to type comments and emails. Whatever it took to keep going. Eventually his bed time came and I was able to put him down and write this blog. It was a struggle but at least I started. Now if I can only make some jewelry...

1 comment:

Lora Hart said...

Welcome to the Blogosphere! You're off to a great start. I found you this morning throughd Orchid so I could tell you about my friend Tamra, but you already know her. Isn't her blog great?

I just wanted to tell you that I'm really intrigued and notice that you mention Etsy and your shop, but there are no links! Put up an Etsy mini so folks can find your work. You never know who might want to buy a little some'in, some'in. Flickr too if you have one.

Bon Chance.